It is important for every exhibitor to understand that there are essentially three parties involved in any exhibition – the Venue, the Exhibition Organiser and the Suppliers.
The ‘Supplier’ incorporates a range of services:
- The exhibition stand builder will design and construct your stand.
- Suppliers of furniture, flooring, carpets, plants, audio visual equipment
- Electrical contractors provide all electrical-related items
- Riggers are companies that specialise in lifting, raising and securing heavy structures – with specific reference to ceiling trussing structures
The information contained in this document focuses on the Exhibition Stand Builder.
Employing an Exhibition Stand Builder
If the exhibitor purchases a shell scheme booth package from the organiser, then this would restrict the exhibitor, to a certain degree, from using other suppliers as everything is provided by the organiser’s preferred suppliers.
A standard shell scheme package generally includes carpets, fascia graphics and electrical requirements. Some shell scheme packages also include furniture. Where only standard shell scheme booths are offered, the exhibitor will be entitled to use the supplier of their choice for all additional requirements.
Exhibitors who purchase exhibition floor space may utilise the supplier of their choice to design and build their stand. Generally speaking, the electrical distribution board will be ordered from the organiser who uses their preferred electrical contractor. This is to ensure that all electrical requirements are standardised for safety reasons.
ShoCraft Exhibitions and Shopfitting have over 40 years experience in the exhibition business. We work with you our client – the exhibitor – to establish your individual needs and to create a stand that will not only be visually impactful, but an exhibition stand that meets your business objectives and your budget.
The exhibition stand builder (ShoCraft) will take care of all the details, leaving you time to concentrate on your business and interacting with your clients.
The exhibitor should provide the stand builder with a comprehensive brief which should include:
- the objectives of the stand
- the target market
- the look and feel of the stand
- information about the products to be displayed
- meeting areas and display and storage space required
- floor plan and stand size inclusive of height restrictions
- flooring required
- furniture, plants, brochure stands and other special requirements
Often the exhibitor has a picture in their mind of what they require their stand to look like. Providing images will assist the designer and provide direction.
ShoCraft Exhibition Stand Builders Offer You
- Committed Account Managers who offer personalised service. People who will be with you from the initial brief to the handover of your exhibition stand… and beyond.
- Knowledgeable Project Managers who will supervise the construction, build-up, delivery and break-down of your stand and who will be on hand to assist with any changes or additional requirements.
- Stand Designers with architectural and interior design experience. Our designers offer a range of services that includes floor plans or exhibition layouts for organisers – floor plans that will maximize space and visibility. They pride themselves in providing innovative designs for system design or custom built stands.
- Dedicated in-house wood craftsmen and carpenters who will construct your custom designed stand and assist with any custom built counters, display units and display showcases.
- A wide range of furniture and furnishings from our catalogue. We will arrange all your special requirements for furniture, plants, audio visual equipment, brochure holders, stanchions, bins and magnificent showcases.
How to Plan Your Show, Expo, Exhibition or Conference
1-Year Prior to the Exhibition
- Establish which shows best suit your company and products
- Develop an exhibition plan that includes your objectives, budget, ROI, stand size and your strategy at the show
- Register and book your stand with the organiser – your options would normally include Floor Space or various Shell Scheme packages.
8-Months to the Exhibition
- Now is the time to select a reputable stand-builder, preferably one that is a member of EXSA (Exhibition Association of Southern Africa)
- Meet with your stand builder and provide them with a comprehensive brief of your requirements
- Provide and agree timelines with the exhibition stand builder.
4-Months to the Exhibition
- Finalise your design
- Finalise plans for the show – the accessories, staff, give-aways, brochures, catering
2 – 3 Months to the Exhibition
- Provide the stand builder with the final artwork for your signage and graphics
- Book all required furniture and accessories for the show
- Ensure you have the right personnel to man the stand